Social media was once the domain of people intent on telling the world what they enjoyed for dinner last night or their thoughts on the latest headline news. Now, it’s an essential tool for businesses across a huge range of industries.
Social media marketing can give your business a voice, help you build a loyal, engaged following and increase sales.
The number of social media platforms available and the best practices for using them in business change almost daily. And, unless you have time to invest in this fantastic form of marketing, you’ll need an experienced, guiding hand to make the most of it.
At Bootcamp Media (BCM), we have assembled a team of social media experts in Birmingham who can use platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to increase the awareness of your brand and turn followers into paying customers.
Why social media marketing?
Bootcamp Media is a social media agency Birmingham businesses have come to rely on. We have gained extensive experience using social media to promote all manner of brands, products and services across a huge range of sectors.
Over the years, we’ve established a solid understanding of why social media marketing is so important. It should play a prominent role in your marketing strategy for the following 4 reasons:
- It offers a simply colossal reach (Facebook now has over 1 billion active users and is just one of the networks we work with).
- It presents brilliant targeting options thanks to the wealth of data stored about users.
- It can position you as a thought leader, leveraging social proof to help incite decision-making among your target audience.
- It offers a fabulous return on investment (ROI).
According to Emarsys – the world’s largest independent marketing platform company – there are currently 3.4 billion active social media users, which is roughly equivalent to 42% of the world’s population. This number continues to rise month-on-month and year-on-year as more countries around the world become more developed.
Another major reason for this continued trend is that mobile devices have become more accessible, with improved internet connectivity when on the move. Most social media platforms are available as apps, which also increases their appeal and improves user experience. In fact, 91% of all social media users access social channels via mobile devices, and 80% of total time spent on social media sites takes place on mobile platforms (Source: Lyfemarketing, 2018).
Facebook remains the most widely used social media platform (78% of UK adults use it), with around 2.2 billion active daily users worldwide. YouTube comes a close second, with around 1.9 billion active daily users. Daily active Instagram Stories users increased from 150 million in January 2017 to 500 million in January 2018. Instagram accounts for around 10% of social media minutes, and has around 1 billion active daily users (Source: Statista, 2019).
The average person spends 2 hours, 22 minutes on social media networks each day. This level of integration into people’s daily lives presents many opportunities for businesses to reach potential customers through social media marketing.
In 2018, data taken from the Global Web Index indicated that 54% of social browsers use social media to research products, and many are looking for reviews and recommendations. As a business, it is essential to work out which social media platform your target market uses most often, and how to maximise your marketing reach on that channel.
Who can benefit from social media?
Depending on the industry within which you operate, it’s all too easy to assume that social media isn’t for you.
Social media marketing is often viewed as a distraction and deemed too consumer-centric for B2B applications. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
Social media is for you if:
- you want to increase brand awareness;
- you want to engage directly with customers;
- you want to promote new products;
- you want to build an audience that sees you as an expert within your field;
- you want to tempt your audience to make buying decisions.
And what business doesn’t aspire to each and every one of the above?
How does social media marketing work?
Our team of social media experts in Birmingham will start by getting to know your business. We’ll research your target market, define your audience, and won’t make any assumptions about the kind of content that will draw in the most relevant crowd.
We’ll even analyse your existing social media performance and take a look at what the competition is doing.
Once we have a full picture of your business and the market within which it operates, we’ll start work on a social profile for your company that fits perfectly with your brand and choose the social networks that best suit your organisation.
How much do social media marketing campaigns and management cost?
This depends largely on the scale of the project. Social media is a ‘pay-to-play’ landscape (see below), and there are two primary components when it comes to the cost for our services:
1. By investing in the Bootcamp social media agency Birmingham businesses are increasingly turning to, you’ll benefit from our expertise and time working on the creative side of your campaigns, as well as the technical input and marketing insight required to keep them on track.
2. Facebook marketing and similar strategies on platforms such as Twitter and Instagram require fees to be paid to the social networks themselves, usually on a PPC basis that is similar to Adwords.
We treat every social media campaign we undertake as unique, therefore the cost for yours will relate to the size of your ambitions and the level of input you’ll require from our team. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.
What is pay-to-play?
Although it’s free to set up an account and begin posting content on most social network sites, in order to gain sizeable brand exposure, some investment is required.
Services like Facebook and Twitter offer brilliant targeted advertising platforms and methods by which businesses can promote their content. However, social media is crowded and competition for visibility is extremely high. The potential for organic reach on Facebook has declined greatly in recent years, so if you want as many eyes as possible on the updates you post, you’ll now need to pay for the exposure to truly maximise the effectiveness of your campaigns.
For instance, Facebook’s targeting power has grown exponentially in recent years. Targeted reach for your content can now be meticulously refined and extended by the ability to specify demographics, interests and online activity to ensure you are speaking to your ideal customer, with the use of tools such as conversion tracking, custom audiences, lookalike audiences, and retargeting. Bootcamp Media is highly proficient in using these tools strategically to help you to grow your business.
The social media platforms we work with
There isn’t a social media service we haven’t mastered. Here are the platforms we use most regularly to increase brand exposure for our clients:
- Facebook. With over 1 billion active users worldwide and a treasure-trove of user data, Facebook remains the largest and most powerful social network on the planet.
- Twitter. People from all generations now consume their news and keep up-to-date with the brands they trust on Twitter. As a business, you can do so much with 280 characters.
- YouTube. The Internet’s premier video hosting site. A ready-made audience waiting to engage with your video content.
- SnapChat. No longer purely an instant messaging service used by the younger generations, SnapChat presents compelling promotional opportunities for businesses of all kinds.
- Instagram. People love imagery. They engage more with pictures and videos than they do text, which is why Instagram is fast becoming a vital tool for business marketing.
- Pinterest. Often dismissed as nothing more than a virtual pinboard for home improvements and weddings, Pinterest is actually a powerful marketing tool with a huge audience.
Why choose Bootcamp Media for your social media marketing?
We know that the bottom line for a business is its profit, not the total number of followers it has on Twitter. That’s why every social media campaign we manage is thoroughly planned and defined by clear end goals.
Our social media Birmingham team has met countless businesses that have set up social media profiles purely because they think they ‘have to’. As a result, they end up on platforms that are irrelevant to their target market (a plumbing merchant, for example, is unlikely to increase its sales by using Pinterest).
BCM will advise you of the most appropriate social networks and deliver a social media campaign that will work and provide a tangible return on investment by meeting your business goals.
We don’t do social media for the sake of being on social media.
If you’re looking for a social media agency Birmingham businesses trust, you’ve come to the right place. Contact us today for free, impartial advice and a quote for managing your social media campaigns you’ll find hard to beat.
Get started with web design & internet marketing at Bootcamp Media.
Call us on 0121 630 2350 to set up your FREE consultation.